Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Too Many Doctors

I sat down today and looked over my calendar since we have brought Isaiah and Laila home. It has felt like medical issues have been HUGE in our family during this time period. I don't know if it has been a spiritual attack on us or if I should just expect life to be like this from this point on. I have taken my children or myself to over 50 doctors' appts. in the last 4 months. This includes 2 Urgent Care visits, 1 ER visit, 10 blood draws, 2 TB skin tests, 1 broken leg, 1 child with mono, 2 ultrasounds, dentist visits, orthodontist visits, eye exams, 3 stool samples, TB meds taken every day for the next 9 months, a cyst removed and the list goes on. Seriously is this normal? Because I am feeling like it needs to end. I know that we have 8 people in our family but this just seems outrageous to me. We are usually very healthy people. When I look at the appts. for the next couple of months it doesn't seem like it will let up any time soon. All of this to say, I am ready for a break from medical issues. I am ready to not be sitting in dr. waiting rooms. I am ready for my 2 1/2 year old to walk again!!

1 comment:

  1. 3 stool samples?? Somehow I can't get over that one....

    ReplyDelete