Sunday, August 9, 2009

Still not walking

It is now Sunday and Isaiah is still not walking. I never imagined it would take this long. His big complaint seems to be his ankle. I took him back to the orthopedic dr. on Friday to have them check it out. He was wincing in pain any time I would even touch it. He also wouldn't put any weight on it. They x-rayed it and it looked just fine. They just said it can take kids this age longer to build their strength and courage to start walking again. Needless to say, it has made this week quite difficult. He had become pretty self-sufficient with the cast. Now we were back to square one carrying him everywhere. It didn't help that Rick was out of town, too. The week was full of disasters. It always happens the week that he goes away to do his church planning for the next year. It is the hardest week of my year.

I woke up on Thursday morning to a huge mess!! This picture doesn't really give it justice. Imagine the whole kitchen and much of my carpet around the kitchen looking like this. In addition, we all ended up with orange feet despite how many times we washed them. I was not pleased and later had to apologize to my kids for my horrible reaction to this mess.


We are so glad to have Rick home. He got back on Friday afternoon. He is NEVER allowed to leave me again. :)

1 comment: