Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Poop Everywhere

Let me just start by saying that I am being sabotoged. I don't know why, but I am convinced. Every effort I have made over the last two weeks to do fun things with the kids before school starts has been met with huge obstacles.

Today was no exception. I decided to take the kids to the pool. We invited the Fowlers to go with us because it was a "free guest" day. We were so excited to try the new indoor Splash area. We got to the pool and got everyone ready to go. I picked Laila up out of the wagon so that I could follow Isaiah around. As I am walking, I smell poop. I think, "Man, somebody really needs to change their kid's diaper." Then, I see someone from across the pool trying to get my attention. She is pointing to her shirt and then at me. I look down and I have poop all over me. All over my swimsuit, up my arms, and on my hands. I am thinking, "no way." Then I go over to the wagon and see a big pile of poop right where Laila was sitting. I have 9 children with me and a huge mess that I don't even know how to clean up or where to begin.

I grabbed the tiny container of wet wipes in my bag and began working. To clean up the mess in the wagon, I ended up with a beach towel that is covered in poo. Every time I tried to clean up some of the mess, Laila made it bigger. She was putting her hands in it. She put her foot into the open diaper before I could get it away. It was so disgusting. I got most of the visible mess cleaned up. Then, I called the other children out of the pool. I took Isaiah and Laila with me and told the 7 others to sit out of the pool and wait for me to return.

I went to the bathroom and had to completely wash mine and Laila's swimsuits in the sink with soap and water. Then we had to put soaking wet, cold swimsuits back on. No matter how many times I washed my hands, I could not get the poop smell out. Nasty.

So, we went back to the pool and resumed our time. We ended up staying for almost 3 hours and other than many episodes of craziness with Isaiah, which I have become accustomed to, the rest of our time went smoothly.

I am determined, people. I will prevail. I will accomplish the last fun days of summer before school starts!!!

2 comments:

  1. you are doing an AMAZING job! that time at the pool spoke VOLUMES to your kids....

    you WILL prevail :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have so been there.
    good job! I'm so sure I always handled it so graciously...
    blessings, Laura.
    you are doing great job!

    ReplyDelete