Sunday, October 12, 2014

Special Date with Sam

For months, Sam has been wanting to go to the Dinosaur Museum in Woodland Park.  He and I had a date time scheduled in August so that is where we headed.   When we arrived, I approached this dinosaur outside and when I got really close, I screamed really loud like he had bitten me.  Sam freaked out.  It was so funny!  He was not happy with me and then I made him get his picture taken despite his fear!
 He decided he wanted to explore the place without a tour guide
 Dinosaur femur bone!
 Run for your life!
 Digging for Bones
 Can you see his hand in there?
 The lights made it hard to take good pics

 Replica of a fossilize baby woolly mammoth
 Sam enjoyed himself, but this place was much smaller than I expected.  It was okay.  I wouldn't go back again.
 We got finished quicker than I expected so I decided to take him to the Nickel Arcade in Manitou Springs.  I had never been before.
 Lots of very old games that you could play for a pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters
 Evidently, Sam is hot stuff
 Basketball
He ended with enough tickets to get some candy.  It was a fun place.  I think it would be fun to take him back with Isaiah and Laila sometime.  They would really enjoy and it is pretty cheap entertainment!  I love getting some one-on-one time with my kids.  It helps me to develop my relationship with each of them as individuals and it allows us to do some things we might not normally be able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment