Friday, October 24, 2014

Driving Me Crazy

In the last 48 hours, my truck has been driven 350 miles.  350 MILES.  Apart from a quick trip up to the Denver airport and back (approximately 150 miles), I have driven 200 miles in Colorado Springs dropping off and picking up kids from their various activities.

I know some day this will end.  I know it is only temporary.  BUT, it is INTENSE and I want to record it so we can look back and remember accurately what it was like.  This is going to be a very boring post for most of you.

I will use today as an example:

6:20 AM - Wake up

6:50 AM - Leave the house to take Cody and Lauren to school.  

7:10 AM - Drop Cody off at DCC

7:20 AM - Drop Lauren off at TCA - North, then return home

7:40 AM - Arrive home

7:45 AM - Leave the house to take Abby, Sam, and Isaiah to school

8:05 AM - Drop them off at TCA - East

8:20 AM - Arrive back at home

Laila and I spent the morning at home, a rare thing.  I made us breakfast and cleaned the kitchen while she had a movie on for us to watch.  I also did some laundry and completed some paperwork that needed to be done.  Then, I made Johnnycakes for Isaiah's Constitution Day.

10:45 AM - Leave the house to go see Isaiah's Constitution Day performance.

11:00 AM - Arrive at TCA - East for the performance

12:15 PM - Abby, Sam, and Isaiah have a half day of school every Friday.  I had a parent/teacher conference at 12:30, so a friend took the four kids home for me so I could have my meeting.

12:30 PM - IEP meeting for Laila's speech therapy

12:50 PM - Leave TCA -East to go home

1:05 PM - Arrive Home.

I cleaned the kitchen again from the kids' lunches.

1:30 PM - I went upstairs to lay down for a little bit(I have been fighting sickness this week.  I can't wait to share in another post about that).

2:15 PM - Get up to begin the afternoon carpool run.

2:30 PM - Leave the house to pick up Cody and Lauren

2:48 PM - Pick up Cody at DCC

2:53 PM - Arrive at TCA - North to pick up Lauren

3:15 PM- Leave TCA - North after waiting for Lauren to come to the truck

3:30 PM - Drop Lauren off at soccer practice

3:45 PM - Arrive back home

I used the next hour to put together supper, red beans and rice with sausage that could be cooking in the oven while I ran other errands.

4:45 PM - Leave the house to pick Lauren up from soccer

5:00 PM - Pick Lauren up from soccer and take her home

5:15 PM - Arrive home, and immediately leave to take Abby to gymnastics

5:22 PM - Drop Abby off at gymnastics

5:30 PM - Arrive back home and immediately leave to take Lauren to a friend's house for a sleepover

5:45 PM - Drop Lauren off

6:00 PM - Arrive back home

I fed the 3 younger kids their dinner and once again, cleaned the kitchen.

6:50 PM - Leave the house to pick up Abby from gymnastics

7:00 PM - Pick Abby up and head home

7:07 PM - Finally arrive back home for the night!!

7:10 PM - Put my jammies on!!

Currently, Isaiah and Laila are watching TV in my room.  Cody has three friends in the basement with him who are spending the night.  Abby is getting her shower and will then eat dinner.  Sam and I are watching the fourth Harry Potter movie because he recently finished the book.

I. AM. EXHAUSTED.  As I typed this out, I can see why.  I wish I could say today was unusual.  It was not.  Every week day is like this.  The weekends are a little better.  They are often spent at sports games, running errands that I need kids to run with me(clothing shopping, school supplies for projects, etc), and church.

I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow and wearing my jammies most of the day!!

Cody will be able to get his license at the end of May.  That should help a little.  It cannot come soon enough!!







1 comment:

  1. Girl.... My life is not as crazy, but I do have days like this. Driving in the car makes me nuts, so I totally feel for you. Sending love your way....

    ReplyDelete