Monday, May 7, 2012

Living the Dream

Every time I hear that phrase, it just makes me laugh.

On our last Swazi trip, that became a phrase that we used a lot, sometimes sarcastically.  

Even though I am doing exactly what God has called me to do, being a stay-at-home mom, most days don't feel very dreamy.

That is how life is, though.  There are highlights and low points, but most days are just normal.  I really want to see God in the normal of my life.  I want to soak in His presence while I am "living the dream" that is my life.  Every mundane act can be an act of worship.  If only I could remember that in those moments!!  

~Right now, I am looking out my window at snow coming down.  You read that right.  It is May 7, and it is snowing.  It was in the mid-80s on Saturday.

~I have some really exciting options for my afternoon while Isaiah is at school and Laila takes her nap.
- I can clean my bathroom
- Exercise
- go through boxes in my basement
- bake something for the kids to have for breakfast this week
The temptation is to take advantage of this chilly snowy/rainy day and curl up under a blanket with a good book.

~Today is a big day, actually.  Rick began his new job today.  I am excited for him and the new opportunities for ministry for our family.  

~Abby's headaches have been "off the charts" over the last month.  We have done everything.  Today we begin trying gluten free to see if that makes a difference.  I have done gluten free with Cody.  It is not fun.  It is expensive, but I am so desperate to get some relief for this child.  She has some form of headache every day, but the last few weeks have been so intense.

~Laila's hair is complete!!  We have 8 weeks before we have to do it all again!  I will be 40 the next time I do her braids.

~The kids have 3 weeks of school left.  We are beginning our summer planning.  I challenged them this morning to come up with 2 lists for summer.  First, a list of fun things they would like to do.  Second, a list of acts of kindness we could do for others.  I will share more about both of these lists later.

~Can I just say how much I love Kohl's?  They really impressed me this weekend.  I bought Sam a pair of tennis shoes at the end of January that were pricey.  I decided it would be worth the investment to have them last longer than the cheaper shoes that he was going through quickly.  Well, last week, the shoes fell apart.  I was so frustrated.  I had my receipt so I thought it was worth a shot to take them back and see what would happen.  They gave me my money back!!  That is what I call customer service.  I will definitely be shopping there more in the future.

Living the dream, people.  Living the dream!  

No comments:

Post a Comment