Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Break so far!

I have been so thankful for the warm weather this week. Rick and I took the Jeep out for the first ride without the top on for the year. I have to admit, it was still a bit chilly for my taste, but we did it.

The kids have played outside a lot this week. You know summer is close when they come in covered in dirt every night. Although, I truly hesitate to say summer is close. I have lived in CO long enough to know that we could still have some snows ahead. I can cross my fingers that this year we are having a real spring that will lead right into a real summer!!

On Monday, my friend, Jessica and I took the kids to the zoo. Cody opted out and Lauren went to a friend's house because of her hurt toe. (Update on the toe: It is still a bit swollen and very purple all around it, but I do not think it will need medical attention. She has been able to walk more easily for the last two days.) It was a weird weather day. It would be sunny and then cloud over and have major winds. It did this off and on all day.
Isaiah LOVED feeding the giraffes
Sam was very concerned that someone was going to lose a hand.
He was so upset, I thought he might have a panic attack.
Our zoo crew
These two were big wagon helpers!
My babies who aren't really babies anymore, but we aren't talking about that!
The hippos are our favorite!
We got to see some of the show where they feed them whole heads of lettuce!
This truly was an enjoyable day. The zoo can be a challenge, especially with all the mountain climbing involved, but today was easy. The kids did great. They got along well. The weather was fine. I came away from the experience glad that we went! That is not always the case.

On Tuesday, we went to see "Chipmunks: Chipwrecked" at the dollar theater. Yes, I got all 7 of us in for $7. Now that is a deal! It was a cute movie. I love hearing the Chipmunks sing all the popular songs in their little squeaky voices.

I made these yummy Orange Julius type smoothies today. They are so easy and the kids loved them. Here is the recipe:
60z. orange juice concentrate(frozen)
1 c. water
1 c. milk
2 tsp. vanilla
8-10 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients and blend until frothy. This recipe makes 4 servings.

It tasted like we were drinking an orange dreamsicle!!

1 comment:

  1. The hippos are my favorite too - Preston and I used to spend HOURS hanging out with the hippos!

    ReplyDelete