Friday, February 24, 2012

Snow Day

Sam had an omelet this morning. He came to me with this:
He said, "I just cut off a bite and this is what it looked like."

Yesterday we had a snow day. I decided to make these. The comments about them said that they taste like Krispy Kreme Donuts. I wouldn't go that far, but they were really good, really easy, and made with basic ingredients that I always keep on hand. I will make them again for sure. Can you see my cool mug in the pic? I got that for free from Shutterfly. I LOVE IT!
A snow day was just what I needed yesterday. I have not slept well in almost a week. Once I found out about the delay and then cancellation, I headed back to bed. I spent the day doing some decluttering and cleaning that I don't normally get to. I spent 1 1/2 hours cleaning my fridge and am still not done! I usually just spot clean it, but I took everything out and took the whole thing apart. It was shocking!
I found these two like this when I came downstairs a couple of days ago.
I love the bond they have.
I have mentioned that Cody is wrestling. Here are a few pics from Rick's phone.
Cody is in blue


He is really enjoying it, and I am praying that he makes it through the season without any major injuries.

The big kids and I watched "Courageous" last night. Honestly, I was skeptical. I think that usually the "Christian" movies are cheesy. I thought it was really good, and the kids loved it. I still don't get the PG-13 rating. It is for violence and drug related content, but I was completely comfortable letting Sam see the movie. We were crying throughout the movie.

Rick arrived home last night. It is so good to have him back. We just don't function as well when he is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment