Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A year ago...

A year ago yesterday, I was sitting in the ER with Rick waiting to find out if he had just had a heart attack.

As I reflect on this last year, I could never have imagined what it would be like.

I could not have predicted all of the changes and emotions I would go through.

The Lord knows better than to reveal that kind of stuff to me.

I can't handle knowing ahead of time.

I did have a sense at the beginning of the year that some big changes were coming, but had no idea what that meant.

Thankfully, Rick was okay. It was not a heart attack, but a warning sign that something needed to change.

He was not handling the stress in his life well, and it had begun to affect his body.

We are thankful that God gave us that warning and opportunity to course correct.

Just 4 days later, we we celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary.

We sat on this bench and prayed for direction from the Lord
It felt significant at the time. Not just any old prayer, but a prayer that was about to change the course of our lives.

It was. God answered quickly. It was scary, but at the same time so peaceful.

Here I sit, a year later feeling thankful.

Thankful for God's provision for us.

Thankful for God's protection of us.

Thankful for the family that I have and the messiness and chaos that is my life.
This is a sneak peek of our family pics. They turned out AMAZING!! If you are on Facebook with me, you can see some more.

I will share more soon. I just might have a blog makeover in the works. I just might love them so much that I can't stop looking at them!!

Back to the point of this post:
God has been so faithful in our lives. I feel so unworthy.

This whole minute by minute, day by day challenge that I have given myself is bringing me to my knees.

It is helping me refocus and redirect myself.

A lot can happen in a year.

I am thankful that I can look back on this year and see God's hand and continue to trust His plan for us!!


No comments:

Post a Comment