Thursday, September 8, 2011

Adoption Reality

I have seen this blog post linked on several blogs.

I am sharing it with you because I know many of you may not see it otherwise.

This describes adoption so well. It is the reality of what most families face when they adopt.

We have experienced much of this and still do.

God has called us all to care for orphans.

For some that means adopting, for others supporting adoption and for others serving orphans around the world. Our family has been called to all 3!

The family pictures you see and the coming home videos make everyone feel warm and fuzzy, but the reality is that adopti0n launches you into the spiritual battle of a lifetime.

That battle doesn't end once you get them home and they join your family.

That is when it truly begins.

2 1/2 years into it, and I see that battle changing and know that it will continue throughout our lives.

In spite of all the struggles, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Isaiah and Laila have been the most amazing blessing that I could have NEVER dreamed up on my own.

Click here. Read this link.

How can you support someone who has adopted? I dare you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment