Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Easter Weekend 2014

I am having to make adjustments in my expectations of our traditions.  As the kids get older, not everyone wants to or is even here to do EVERY tradition.  In addition, I have some older kids that are very particular about what pictures are shared on here.  So, you will see that there are many more pictures of my little ones and some of the group shots I took on Easter weekend have been left out.  I am trying to respect their boundaries, but still record our memories.  It is a fine line.  

Easter weekend turned out to be crazy busy for us.  Rick was gone from home for 2 Good Friday services, 2 Saturday Easter Services, and 3 Sunday Easter Services.  So, we basically didn't see him until Sunday afternoon.  Cody had driving school all day Saturday.  Sam had a baseball game.  Lauren had a soccer game.  It was also hair week so there was braid removal, moisturizing and hair prep for braiding to be done on Monday.  It was so cray-cray!  

On Friday morning, before our running around began.  I was sitting in my comfy chair, drinking coffee and talking to Rick.  I looked out the window and saw this:

Pretty Cool sight on that Sacred Day!
On Saturday morning, we woke up and made Tombs.





 We added those along with grape juice to our Big Breakfast and did Communion together.
 We missed having Cody there
 "The Tomb is Empty!"
 "Jesus is Alive!"
 "They taste really good with bacon?"
 We then, decorated Eggs.
 Aerial Shot

 Lauren  and Abby tried a  new technique with nail polish
They turned out pretty








 On Saturday night, Lauren, Abby, and I volunteered in the nursery at church.

Easter Morning
Scavenger Hunt:  I decided this year to put the candy in their baskets and only send them around for a couple of items.  Some liked it that way better, others were disappointed.  It was all I had the energy for.



 We tried out this idea we saw on Pinterest, cooking canned cinnamon rolls in  a waffle iron

They turned out great and cooked way faster
Mandatory Pictures on the Porch



 These two will still give me a photo shoot!




 Isaiah calls this the "Awesome Pose"
This is titled the "Silly Pose"



 They are growing up on me!!
The lighting was awful, but I wanted to share a family picture
Church was amazing with over 100 baptisms throughout the weekend!!
 Easter Ham Dinner
 We ended the day with our Easter Egg Hunt
The older ones were only participating to find the prize eggs.

 Isaiah decided to do "creepy eyes" in all of his pics


 "My Precious" - the little kid prize egg
 Big kid prize egg
 Cody found the Grand Prize - Golden Egg, but I didn't get a pic

 I really do love Easter and all of our traditions.  I pray that these special things that we do will bring their attention to how special and important this weekend is to our faith.  





No comments:

Post a Comment