Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Soccer Camp 2013

For the past few summers, my friend, Mandy, has been doing a soccer camp for 4-6 year olds.  I have missed it every year, but she was kind enough to let me know and get our spot early on.  I asked Laila and Isaiah if they wanted to play soccer.  Laila said, "No, I want to play basketball and football."  (We'll figure that one out later.)  Isaiah said, "YES!!"  At one point, I told Mandy not to hold a spot, because I needed to figure out if it could work out for us.  Her response, "I want that kid."  Well, at that point, she had me.  Who doesn't want an amazing, godly, loving influence in the lives of each of their kids.  You see, this isn't just ANY soccer camp.  This is one that teaches Bible verses and lessons and has a snack and plays fun games and learns soccer skills on top of ALL OF THAT!  Isaiah got to be with some of his buddies and under the loving coaching of Mrs. Mandy for 4 straight mornings.  

Can you tell how excited he was to be there?
 Look at the guns on that boy!
 It turns out, he has some soccer skills.
Every day he got there early and warmed up on his own
Mrs. Mandy had a journal for each kid 
 He even learned his memory verse complete with actions without any help from me:
"Whatever you do work at it with all your heart just like you are working for God"
 An awesome bonus to it all was that Mandy asked Lauren to be her assistant coach for the week.  
Lauren LOVES soccer.  It was a great experience for her and she even earned some cash!
Soccer Camp 2013 was a huge hit with us. Thank you, Mandy for your investment in my kids!!

1 comment:

  1. they both were awesome! i still need to send you that picture! so sorry!

    ReplyDelete