Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Crashing

Well, I have been a bit silent for the last week, but I have a very good reason.

I have experienced a couple of crashes.

First, last Thursday, I crashed my truck.  Let me begin by saying it was REALLY  MINOR.  It was totally my fault.  It was a careless mistake, and I was so frustrated with myself.  The damage to both vehicles was really small.  Ours is so small that we don't even think it will warrant a claim because it should be less than the deductible.

Basically, I was sitting behind a truck at a stop light.  The light turned green and out of of habit, I started driving.  The problem is that I started driving a little, tiny bit faster than the truck in front of me.  I slammed on my brakes, but it was too late.

The man was very kind.  I was very mad at myself.  My husband was completely and absolutely loving and grace giving over the whole ordeal.  

The next day, after realizing how much I actually drive(over 50 miles every day, but between 75-100 many days), that only having this one accident since we have lived here(almost 13 years) is pretty good, and I decided to be kind to myself as well.

Now, I cannot blame the car crash for my lack of blogging, but I can blame the other crash.

On Saturday morning, I woke up and my computer screen was blank.  I know the computer was on because I could move the cursor around, but there was no response from my computer.  I wasn't surprised.  I didn't even freak out.  Electronics of every kind do not like me.  I am pretty sure there is something in my body that messes up electronic/technological devices.  There is really no other explanation for the amount of issues I have on a regular basis.  I figured Rick would come down, do the same things I had tried and it would started working again as usual.

After some research on Rick's part, he can find no other explanation than that my hard drive crashed.  Thankfully, we just backed it up a week ago.  Hopefully, that back up was successful.  I really only NEED my pictures.  Everything else can be restored despite all the work it will take.

So, I have been without my computer.  On the bright side, we have had hot water for a week now.  I must confess, I think I miss the computer more than I did the hot water.

Sad, but true.


1 comment:

  1. One accident for 13 years? You almost had a good record, but an accident really happens unexpectedly. What's important is you’re safe, the car doesn’t have a huge damage, and the other driver is very kind. This was one accident that I think is less stressful and painful, physically and mentally.

    Cheryl @ CWCLawFirm.com

    ReplyDelete