Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cowboys' Cafe' and a Spiritual Birthday

A week ago, the Cowboys played Monday Night Football.  It also happened to be Cody's Spiritual Bday.  We decided to combine the two.  Cody got to pick the menu for the night and I ran the concession stand.  At halftime, we had our celebration of Cody and his spiritual bday.  
The menu
 Isaiah set up the "special drinks" for me!
 My two little Cowboy Cuties
 This is not a great pic, but it is them standing in line to order.  I wanted to capture it on film and remember how they do that.
 2 of the menu items:  Pigs in a Blanket and Sausage Balls
 My view from the cafe'
 The fans enjoying their game/bday snacks
 Laila watched the game like this.  
She picked out this outfit herself, Cowboys' shirt and silver glittery pants.  Fancy!
 The grand finale' of concessions was funnel cakes!(I even made gluten free for Abby)
 The finished product
 The Bday boy enjoying his dessert
 I love the story of when Cody asked Jesus in his heart.  He had disobeyed in some way.  Rick went up to his room to talk to him about his behavior.  He was 5 years old.  His response to Rick was, "I just can't handle all the sin in my life."  I chuckle every time I think about the weight of sin that little 5 year old boy felt.  Rick talked to him about our sin and how Jesus died to cleanse us from it.  He wanted to follow Jesus right away.  Now, here he is 9 years later.  I am so proud of him.  We spent some time sharing with him the ways that we see God working in his life and challenged him with areas of growth for the next year of his spiritual walk.  We gathered around him as a family and prayed over him.  Then, we gave him his gift, the new Toby Mac CD.
Cody, God has made you into a leader.  I am so proud of you.  You are deciding what YOU believe and how YOU are going to live that out.  You have faced some trials that God has used to develop your character in a way that has brought a maturity that I admire.  I love you.  I will always love you.  I know God wants to use you in amazing ways for His Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment