Monday, June 4, 2012

Swaziland or Bust

I am excited to announce that Beyond Survival will be hosting its first official trip to Swaziland this October.  We are officially a non-profit organization and have been in the process of getting the foundation laid in order to continue doing work in this beautiful country.  Very soon we will be unveiling our new website and sharing how you can be involved.  For now, a team trip is in the works for October 5-15.  This trip will be open to anyone whether you live in Colorado Springs or not.  The approximate cost will be $3,600(we will know more once flights are secured).   More details will be shared as we finalize them.  If you have been before, or have considered going, this just may be the trip for you.  Let me know if you are interested so we can get the information to you as it develops.  This truly is a life changing opportunity to go and minister(actually you will be ministered to more than you can even imagine).  We have seen so many people's lives impacted throughout the last 5 years as we go and God uses the trip to change the course of their lives.  Others, have fallen in love with this small country in Africa and will never be the same.  If you want to be a part of this trip, start fundraising and saving up now!!

We would ask for your prayers as we begin the planning for this trip.

1.  Pray for God to bring those that He wants to go on this trip.

2.  Pray for the details to fall in place, especially good deals on flights/travel.

3.  Pray for the work that will be done.  We are currently defining the details of this trip and need God's direction.

4.  Rick will be leading the trip.  I would love to go and it is Abby's turn to go as well.  This girl is so ready to go to Africa, and we would love to take her this year.  Pray that the details would fall into place for that to work out(finances, childcare for our other children, etc.)

I will keep you posted as developments occur!!

I will leave you with a few pics from last year's trip.  I had tears in my eyes and felt such a tug in my heart as I looked through pics.  I can't tell you how this country has changed my life and stolen my heart!!
My favorite memory from last year's trip:
Praying over the children at the carepoint 

 Love, love, love how this little guy is holding onto Cody's pocket
 This is how we saw Lauren the whole time, surrounded by children
 Lovin' on the kiddos
Now, don't you want to go??

No comments:

Post a Comment