Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Clean Hands

I was Laila's washing hands, and I just had to stop and take a picture.  I love those sweet little hands. 
They are so much bigger than they were 3 years ago when we met her.  She has grown and blossomed so much.  She is my little cheerleader always encouraging me throughout the day.  She will say, "Mommy, you are beautiful.  Mommy, your voice is beautiful.  Mommy, I love you so much."  Truly she says these kinds of things all day long.  Not to mention all the hugs and kisses she so freely gives.

Whenever we wash hands, we sing one of two songs.  One I came up with called, "Scrubby Dubbers."  It goes like this, "Scrubby dubbers, scrubby little dubbers."  I know, brilliant, right?  I don't know how I came up with that, but I like to make up little songs during our daily tasks.  That is one of them.  I have made up songs for brushing teeth, putting on lotion, rinsing out hair, etc.  You name it, I probably have a song for it.  I love it when one of the kids starts singing them on their own.  It is a little piece of me that they are taking on themselves.  It is my fingerprint on their lives.

The other one (for which I will not take credit) says,
"Give us clean hand, give us pure hearts.  Let us not lift our soul to another. 
Oh, God let us be a generation that seeks, seeks your face, O, God of Jacob."

It may sound silly, but even as I sing that song and wash their hands, I am praying that for my children and for me.  That we will have clean hands and pure hearts before God.  In that tiny, little average moment of my day, I see God's Hand and want to seek Him more.


1 comment:

  1. You are such a creative and good Mommy. I LOVE that about you...you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete