Thursday, April 12, 2012

BBQ Chicken Quesadillas

I cannot take credit for this recipe, but it has become a family favorite. I like it because it is different than anything else I fix, most of my family loves it, and it is easy. My friend, Elaina, served this to us at life group, and I have been fixing it for my family since. I thought I would share it with you.
This is how the quesadilla looks before you top it with a tortilla and bake it

BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
(amounts of each items depends on how much you want to make)
Chicken Breasts
BBQ Sauce(we like Sweet Baby Ray's Sauce)
Tortillas(I use flour, but corn would work also)
Black beans (drained and rinsed)
Cilantro
Red Onion
Shredded Cheese(I have used mozarella, colby jack, or a mexican mix)

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Boil chicken breasts and shred. Mix meat with enough BBQ sauce to coat. Lay tortillas out on a cookie sheet. Put chicken, black beans, cilantro, red onion, and shredded cheese on each one. Put another tortilla on top of each quesadilla. Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and tortillas are crispy.

I always serve these with sour cream to dip and cilantro lime rice on the side.

It is so yummy even as leftovers. You really should try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment