Monday, January 28, 2013

A Few of my Favorite Things...

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things.  I am much more likely to try something when it has been recommended by someone I know with similar tastes.

1.  Rick got this blanket for me for Christmas. It has the right amount of softness, warmth and weight to it.  It is velvety on one side and fluffy on the other.  I am in love with it, and I am always finding a kid wrapped up in it.  Thankfully, it is mine so I always get first dibs.

2.  I eat these many mornings for breakfast.  I am not really a breakfast person, but know that I SHOULD eat something.  These come in handy 4-packs that you can grab and go.  I actually usually only eat 2 of the "biscuits" along with my next favorite thing.  Hopefully, eating these will give me some of the benefits of eating breakfast when I wouldn't otherwise.  Golden Oat is my favorite flavor.  Blueberry is my second favorite.

3.  I pinned this Apple Cider Vinegar Elixir back in December.  I decided I would try drinking it at the beginning of the year because of all the health benefits listed.  I have been drinking it for 2 1/2 weeks.  It is easy for me to drink it each morning while I take the kids to school.  I can't say that I have seen any positive effects, but I am trusting that it is making me healthier!

4.  As many of you know, Abby is gluten free now.  It has made a huge difference in her headaches.  She really is a different child.  I don't feed our whole family gf because I just can't afford it and honestly, I don't want to eat gf if I don't have to.  I have found these mixes called Nuffins, that I absolutely love.  Actually, it is the business of a friend of mine.  I don't like them because she is my friend.  I like them because they are delicious, affordable, and a good value.  The mixes make way more than other gf mixes I have tried and taste most like the equivalent gluten version.  Abby loves them and they freeze really well.

5.  I don't have a link for this because any one you pick will do.  My favorite CO everyday winter wear is a hoodie.  I don't wear coats.  They are a hassle to me.  If I wear one for the 2 minutes that it takes me to walk from my truck to the store, I then get hot and have to carry it around the whole time I am shopping.  I also don't like driving in a coat.  It just feels bulky.  If I wear a hoodie, I can pull the hood up when I am outside and take it down inside.  I also love to use the big pocket on the front to hold my iphone which has my grocery list in it.

6.  I have 2 words for you, PINK Pants.  I would wear these every minute of every day if it was appropriate.  My friend, Laura, introduced me to them.  Really, every women needs a pair of these.  It is best to buy them during the Semi-Annual Clearance Sales.  My favorites are the "boyfriend pant" and the "campus pant."  LOVE THEM!!

7.  I am a "sweet and salty" sort of girl, especially if it involves chocolate and caramel.  I found these at the grocery store one day and my life has never been the same.  They are the perfect little dessert at the end of a meal.

8.  My skin is so dry.  Colorado only makes that worse.  I need good products to help me not be a mess all winter.  My friend, Holly, started a business called "Lotion Bar Cafe."  Her products are all natural, high quality, and perfect for me.  My favorites are the Goat's Milk Lotion, Bath Fizzies, and most of all, the soap.  I use the lotion and soap on Isaiah and Laila, too!!  The soap is so good, I use it to shave.  Way better than any shaving cream you will ever use.  She has the best scents, too.  My favs are Oatmeal, Milk and Honey, Monkey Farts(for the kids), and Sweet Home Alabama!!  The thing I love the most about Holly is her heart of service and giving.  She has been a huge supporter of Beyond Survival, and I have seen her give sacrificially to many other ministries over the last 5 years!!



No comments:

Post a Comment