Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted

This Christmas Break has truly been a time of relaxing and refreshment.  We have been able to live the schedule we would live if there were no obligations, staying up late, sleeping in, lazy days, staying in pajamas all day, reading, playing games, drinking lots of coffee and hot chocolate, watching TV, napping, luxurious!  Because of the cooking I did for Christmas, we have had lots of leftovers and have even gotten to do takeout a couple of times so my cooking has been at a minimum.  I bought paper plates before the break so even the dishes have been few and far between.  We have been able to connect with some friends as well.  Everything in me screams, "THIS CAN'T END!!"  The reality of that is not possible.

Rick went back to work today.  He only has 2 days of work before he is off again for his normal weekend, Friday and Saturday.  For some reason, the school district decided to go whack-a-doodle this year so, the kids don't back to school until January 8th.  I am not sure how I feel about that.  I am very glad to have more opportunities to sleep in.  I am relieved to not have to pick up the crazy driving schedule right away.  I like not having to get back into the crazy routine right away.  On the other hand, I am concerned about everyone getting along for another week.  They are getting bored.  Entertainment options are limited because of the weather and expense.  The longer they are inside this house, the more  little squabbles break out.  I had to lay down the law a bit this morning, threatening to make those who aren't getting along work on house projects together.  I might get a lot of things done around here.  I have already had to take some ipods away.  It is times like these when having 70 degree weather in winter would be lovely, not to mention how happy that would make me!!  

I wanted to give a glimpse into some of the activities of this house over the last few days.  I don't have any pictures of me sitting on the couch reading or watching Netflix under my new comfy blanket.  I have spent many hours doing that.  I also don't have pics of Rick watching football or playing PS3.  Those seem to be his relaxation activities of choice.  Here are some of the things the kids have occupied themselves with:
Sam got this gift for Christmas
 We started with the color changing slime
 This gift will bring him hours of fun.  

 Rick and I took Isaiah out for his Birthday Date with us.  He loves riding in Daddy's Jeep
 He chose Red Robin
 2 of my favorite boys in the world
 Lovin' that burger and fries
 They even sang "Happy Birthday" to him and gave him an ice cream sundae!
He loved that attention!!
 Lauren has been dressing Laila up in her hoodie stuffed with pillows and blankets
I introduce "Hammy" to you:
 It is so funny to watch her walk around.  Watch out when she falls down.  
Poor thing can't even get up by herself!
 Grandma gave us IHOP gift cards for Christmas.  We went out for breakfast Sunday morning
 The kids LOVED being able to order anything they wanted.
There were lots of smiles and full tummies.  Thanks, Grandma!
Today, it looks like I am going to be getting foot and back massages!  
There is also a gift shop, and I have a 50% off coupon!!  Sam has gotten a job working at the spa earning $.25/hr.  Laila just came down with her nails painted and a Twizzler in her mouth.  At least for now, things are peaceful in this house!
Vacation is a good thing.  I just need to figure out how to live like this every day!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Spa Menu. Your kids are so inventive. Happy New Year, Laura. Thanks for sharing your life with us!

    ReplyDelete