Thursday, January 10, 2013

Reentry into Real Life

As you can see, I have not posted this week.  Therefore, this post will be in bullet points.  That's all I can produce at this point.

~The kids went back to school on Tuesday.

~We had evening meetings at church Sunday through Tuesday nights called Impact.  It was a great way to start off the new year as a church body.

~Have I mentioned how much I love my church?  That is another post for another time.  Let's just say, I am thankful for where God has us in so many ways and for so many reasons.

~I am suffering once again from sleep deprivation.

~My house is a TOTAL disaster.

~I can't seem to get warm.  When I drop off the kids at school in the morning, it is in the 20s.  This weekend, it is supposed to be snowy and cold.  Not looking forward to that.

~It is hair braiding week.  Let's just say I will be exhausted and relieved when Saturday afternoon arrives.

~Some of the things I really like right now:
   -Chick-fil-a free breakfasts each week.
   -Early bedtimes for the kids.
   -Rick having Fridays off.
   -Checking items off my to do list.
   -Reading through "The Purpose Driven Life" again.
   -Getting some projects done over the break.
   -Seeing so many people sacrifice and invest in our Beyond Survival's Giving of Life Project.
   -Taking a break from Facebook and realizing I might be better off without spending so much time there.
 
~ Some of my pet peeves these days:  (Just to name a few)
   -dirty microwaves
   -speed bumps
   -my hair gathered around my neck(This is why I can never be a wearer of scarves)
   -going to the bathroom and finding out there is no toilet paper(This problem is not solely at my house.  Everywhere I go, I end up being caught off guard without toilet paper.)
    -alarm clocks(I just think we would all be better off if we could sleep as long as we need to!)
    -my bank asking me to sign up for something new every time I go through the drive-thru.  Then, having to explain to them 3 different times that I don't want to sign up, I don't want to make an appt. to speak to a banker, and I don't want them to call me!
    -hair on the bar of soap
    -clothes sticking up out of a closed drawer
    -being asked the same question 10 times.
    -shoes and backpacks strewn around the main level(especially since there is a place set up to put them.)
 
That's enough for now.  I do feel a little better just getting it out there.  Hopefully, I will have something more productive to share soon!

1 comment:

  1. Every time I read your blog, I am so glad you allow me and others to be part of your life this way. Love it. I have to confess--I laughed and cringed and agreed through your pet peeves list. Oh, and my hair gathered around my neck is the reason I can rarely make it through the day without a clip or ponytail holder.

    ReplyDelete