Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

 The one word I would use to describe Thanksgiving this year is :  RELAXING!

We didn't go anywhere.  We didn't have  any schedule to follow.  We just did our traditions and enjoyed our day.
On Thanksgiving morning, Rick goes out to buy the newspaper so we can look at Black Friday ads and picks up a Starbuck treat for him and me.
That red cup is the first sign of Christmas to me!
 I spent the morning cooking and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  For the first time, the kids watched a lot of it with me.  I don't know why that means so much to me.  I think because it is a tradition from my childhood.

Sam also had a hippo puppet project to complete over Thanksgiving break.  Since Abby is our resident "crafty" kid, she helped him with it.  
 They spent all morning working on it.
 I forgot to take a pic of the finished product.  Now, it is at school.  I will have to take one when he brings it back home.
Rick spent the morning looking through the Black Friday ads
 I would like to introduce you to, Archibald, our turkey this year.  
I have been naming our turkey since the first one I made in Dallas our first Thanksgiving alone in 1995.
 I almost didn't post this pic.  I am not a fan of my appearance, but it captures the day.  Everybody else looks so good!  We were in comfies, specifically Dallas Cowboys gear.  It ain't always pretty, but it's real!
 I LOVE cooking Thanksgiving meals.  I just really enjoy it and don't feel like it is a hard thing to do.
Our Feast 2012
We spent the afternoon watching the Cowboys game and eating some pumpkin pie.  

I think Isaiah summed it up well with the craft he brought home from school this year
The feathers list what he is thankful for:  Home, Earth, God, Family, Dad, Mom, Jesus, and Babies
Well said, son.  The helmet on the turkey's head completes the sentiment!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love that you name your turkey! That is hilarious. And BTW, I told Matt that I am starting to believe that Rick owns an entire wardrobe of only Dallas Cowboy gear, much like my husband's full wardrobe of Red Sox clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete