Saturday, December 15, 2012

Barreling Ahead

~The last doses of antibiotics were finished in our house today.  My fingers are crossed that we can make it through Christmas healthy.

~I have used this week to catch up on all the things I didn't do while the kids were sick.  There are lots of those things this time of year.

~I could totally do a 12 days of Christmas post just on the items I need to buy for the various parties, performances, gift exchanges, and holiday baking/cooking.  I will spare you the boredom.  Let's just say, I might do better to just sleep at Walmart for the next few days because I am finding I am there more than I have been at home this week.

~I think that the fact that might last few posts have consisted of bullet points and no pictures is an indication that I am in survival mode.

~Rick and I have already attended 2 Christmas parties.  Over the next week, the various members of our family have a total of 9 more parties to attend.

~One morning this week, we went outside and the neighbor's trash had been knocked over and rummaged through by some animal.  My kids were just all up in arms over this.  I came in and asked Rick, "Why is that the inside of our house often looks like a wild animal has rummaged through it and no one seems to notice, but if there is a mess outside, everyone is all upset?"

~Speaking of a clean house, Rick surprised me one day and cleaned the whole main level.  I walked in surprised and proclaimed, "I actually like our house!"  Sometimes I forget because it mostly feels like there is always so much work to do that I can't relax.

~I have about 50 loaves of bread to bake this week.  I am not exaggerating here.

~We started our holiday baking today.  Lauren and I made fudge.  Abby and I made no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies.  While I was in the baking mood, I whipped up some chocolate chip muffins for breakfast this week.  I really do LOVE cooking.

~Isaiah's bday is on Tuesday.  He had his friend party yesterday.  It turned out great.  I will share more once I download the pics.

~Cody had his choir concert at school last night.  I forgot to take a pic of him.  He looked so handsome.   Cody, Rick and I went to Cheddars afterwards.  That has become a tradition I love.

~A conversation I overheard in my house today, "Lauren, stop texting turds to your brother."  Really?!?!  Evidently she has discovered an app that allows her to send "smiling turds" via text.  I have nothing to say to that.

~I found strawberry jam on the toilet seat this week.  I don't even bother to ask "how" or "why" anymore.

~After the events of yesterday, I just have to pray that Jesus will return quickly.  The evil and pain of this world are more than I can bear sometimes.  So heartbreaking!

~Here's to another week.  Christmas is only 10 days away!





No comments:

Post a Comment