Thursday, July 5, 2012

Update on Life

~I wanted to let those who are outside of CO know that the Waldo Canyon Fire is now 90% contained.  The expected containment date is now July 6th.  That is amazing really considering what was happening in our city this time last week.  Many of our friends did not lose their homes.  They are back in them now, safe and sound.  We are so grateful for this good news.  

~Our 4th of July felt very ordinary.  Our usual tradition is to go to the Monument Parade, cookout with friends, and then watch fireworks.  Both the parade and the fireworks were cancelled.  I didn't realize how much I loved those traditions until yesterday when they didn't happen.  We spent the day having a family breakfast of bagels from Panera, took the kids to Brunswick Zone to do laser tag and play games, and ended the night with pizza at home.  It wasn't a bad day.  It just didn't feel like the 4th of July.

~Sam said the sweetest thing on Tuesday, "Mom, most of the superheroes have 'man' in their names." I said, "You mean like superman and batman." Sam said, "Yes and fireman and policeman." 
Yes, buddy, they are the true superheroes. We have seen that firsthand in our city over the last 1 1/2 weeks!!

~I am beginning the removal of Laila's braids today.  We have an appt. on Monday to get new braids.  I will be spending the next few days sitting in front of the TV with her trying to get her ready.  It is a lot of work, but so worth it!!

~We have some very specific things we are praying about this week.  I am hoping God will speak clearly to us and reveal His plans.

~My Swazi children do not want to go outside and play!  What is wrong with them?  All they want to do is watch TV and play video games.  Since that is not an option, we are having quite a few battles these days!

~Anyone want to buy my house?  I feel like it is time to look for something that fits our family better, but the thought of going through putting it on the market and doing showings sends me into a very bad place emotionally!!  I get hives and my eyes start twitching just thinking about it.  It really is a great house and has served us well.  The layout is just not ideal for a family of 8.

I am off to work on braids!!


No comments:

Post a Comment