Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Baby is 4!!

Laila had a milestone bday on June 24th, the day after we returned from our trip.  She was supposed to be able to have a friend party this year to celebrate.  As I was trying to plan it, I kept asking her what she wanted as a theme and who she wanted to invite.  Her frustration level kept rising.  At one point, the little introvert in her had enough.  She looked at me in frustration and and said, "Can't I just go swimming with my family?"  That is how her bday at Pirate's Cove was decided.  It was way easier for me than any party I would have to plan, and she was so happy after that as got excited about her bday. 

Turning 4 is a BIG DEAL in the Clapp family.  4 year olds stop using booster seats and bibs.  4 year olds get allowance.  4 year olds have official chores to do.  4 year olds wash themselves in the bath tub.  4 year olds hang up their own laundry.  4 year olds are big kids and each child has been so excited to celebrate this milestone and experience the new responsibilities and freedoms.  Laila is no exception.  

We headed out to Pirate's Cove right away on the big day!
 She is as big as her 5 1/2 year old brother!!
 One happy 4 year old!
At one point during the day, Laila and I were sitting on a blanket.  
She looked at me and said, "I really like this 4 year old stuff!"  
 Sweet, sweet sisters
 Soda drinkin', a big treat for a special day!
 Abby girl
You can see Laila sucking down her soda in the background
 Lauren and her soda
 Swimming makes you hungry
 The lazy river
We spent a LOT of our day floating around and around in this water!
 The ride home.
We stayed there for 6 hours.  They were wiped out!
 We had a dinner of Laila's favorites, pizza and ice cream.
She chose Blue Bell Cotton Candy and she got this little container all to herself.
 Happy Birthday, to you!
 Next up, opening gifts. 
Oldest and youngest, she and Cody have a special bond!
 Lovin' on her Sammy Jo Jo
 Sam's card for her.  It says:
"You are awesome, Laila
You are pretty
You rock
I love you Laila
You are the best sister in the world"
He attached a dollar and a Pirate's Cove duck that he bought for her.
 Money, money, money
 Best crew of kids in the world!!
 Daddy love
 Mommy love
 Rick and I took her to a Birthday date the next day.
She chose Panda Depressed(Express)
Wow, little girl.  You have brought so much joy to my life.  I could not imagine the last 3 1/2 years without you.  My heart is so full of love for you.  You are my little cheerleader as you tell me each day how much you love me and how beautiful you think I am.  You are kind, giving, and compassionate.  You are a little fashion diva as you go through 4 or 5 different outfits a day.  Don't even get me started on your obsession with shoes and sunglasses.  You always want to share your flower blankie with me.  Your cuddles make me so happy.  I cannot believe that you will go to preschool in the fall!!  One minute I will be dropping you off at preschool and the next minute, it will be college.  I love your dance moves and your singing.  You love to have your toenails and fingernails painted.  You are so patient with me as I try to take good care of your hair.  We watch the movie "Tangled" every time we take out your braids.  I love it when I find you all curled up with one of your brothers or sisters.  Happy Birthday, my Lil' Licious.  I love you, more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment