Thursday, December 19, 2013

December Days!

Cody and Lauren finished school yesterday.  Cody officially survived his first semester of High School Finals!!  They are both ready for Christmas break, although Lauren may be doing some Science Fair work during her time off.  

Today, we have 4 class Christmas parties.  I had to send in a box of Caprisuns, 2 boxes of candy canes,  a box of Ritz Crackers, Coffee Creamer, and a Pizza for Abby(since she is gf).  

Sam also has his Winter Concert today.  He needed a shirt, tie, and dress pants for that.  How did we not have those in the hand-me-downs???  I remembered THIS MORNING that he didn't have any dress shoes.  After a mad search through the shoe containers in the basement, I came upstairs triumphant with a pair of shoes.  Sam swears they are tap shoes.  They aren't.  He was miserable wearing them, so we sent him to school in his black tennis shoes and asked him to change before the concert.  Now I am wondering why I even bothered?  Just wear the tennis shoes.  It really doesn't matter in the scheme of life!
December means Rudolph sandwiches in our house
I had to capture this moment for two reasons:
 1.  This is what Laila does at Laura Fowler's house.  I love that she always asks to play with the trains and that is her special thing to do at the Fowler house.
2.  She is wearing her jammies because she had a jammie party at school that day.

Snug as a bug in a rug  a.k.a. "Laila Burrito"
 Look at the muscles on this kid.  
 Every time he takes his shower, he has to stand in front of the mirror and 
display the "Gun Show", as he calls it.
 Can you guess what this is?
Hint #1
Hint #2
 Almost Ready!
 Teacher/Neighbor/ Friend Gifts!!
 I absolutely love the card Laila made for her teacher.  She spelled everything all by herself.
Translation:  You are the Best teacher in the whole wide world, by Laila Clapp
The pictures make me think of Minions from "Despicable Me."

A Public Service Announcement:
Since we haven't had our family pictures made yet and in an effort to simplify my life this time of year, I did not send out Christmas cards this year. So, don't be thinking we took you off the list. 
We still love you all!

Carry on, Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment