Friday, September 20, 2013

Women of Faith

I just need to start this post by saying my friend, Julie, is a rock star.  She is actually more a member of our family.  We met her when Sam was a baby.  One day, she came to me and said, "If you ever need someone to watch the kids so you and Rick can have a date, just let me know.  I would love to watch them for you."  That is like music to a weary mama's ears.  The rest is history.  Here were are, 9 years later.  She has been there with us through a lot, given us lots of date nights, come to lots of kids sporting events and activities, and even given us some overnights away!!  She is working for Women of Faith.  She blessed me with tickets to the conference in Denver a couple of weeks ago.  Let's not talk about the fact that she is moving to Dallas in October!  : (

My friend, Laura Fowler, yes that is what we call her around here was able to join me at the conference.  Calling her "Laura Fowler" really started with Isaiah.  I think he was just overwhelmed by all the Laura's in his life.  So, she became Laura Fowler, and now, it just works.  

First stop on our weekend getaway, Starbucks.
This is me taking my first sip of my first Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate of the season!
It was delightful!
Our lovely abode for the night.
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE staying in a hotel?!?!
We stayed at the Marriott, Downtown Denver so we were within walking distance to the Pepsi Center where the conference was being held.
We even took the scenic route around downtown Denver the first night, right Laura(wink!).
My friend, Laura.  What a blessing she is in my life.   She is a keeper for sure!
We had a little Mexican Fiesta for Lunch!!
The conference was a Friday evening and all day Saturday.  
The theme was BELIEVE!
Worship was led by Kari Jobe and Gateway Church Worship Team.
It was AH-MAZ-ING!!  
I love this shot that Laura took of me during worship.
I have never been to a Women of Faith Conference before.  I wasn't sure if I would like it.  I have to say, I was so blessed by it.  God used EVERY speaker to speak truth to me.  I left with lots of inspiration from all those that led.  Each one offered a different word that I needed to hear.  
Anita Renfroe opened up the night.  
Can I just say, I am pretty sure she and I could be good friends.  I love her sense of humor.  Everything she said not only made me laugh, but resonated within me!!
Lysa Terkheurst also spoke.  I have loved her books "Made to Crave" and "Unglued."  
Getting to hear her speak was such a treat.
For some reason, I didn't take pictures of any of the other speakers, but I loved them.  Let's just say the weekend was truly refreshing in every way, spiritually, emotionally, relationally, physically.  I felt so blessed to go.

On the way home, we made a stop in Denver and ate at the Cheesecake Factory.  It was the first time I had been there, and I will definitely go back.  Loved it!!  It was a great way to end our time together.

Thanks again, Julie!!  We had such a blast!  Thanks, Laura for joining me in this fun weekend.  I am pretty sure we did not stop talking the whole time unless we were sleeping or listening to a speaker.  Even once we said goodbye, I could think of 10 more things for us to talk about.  It is a good friend who will talk to me non-stop for 2 whole days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment