Friday, June 28, 2013

KY Fun - Part 1

So much has happened in the last week.  I have several blogposts to write to catch up on all of our adventures.  We ended our time in KY, traveled across the country with a pit stop in Kansas City to celebrate Laila's bday, and have been settling back in at home.  I think I finally have all the bags unpacked and laundry done.  I did some mega grocery shopping to restock all that we used up before our trip.  I even cooked a meal last night.  That means we are really home.  

For now, I have to go back to before our trip.  
The night before we left, Laila lost her first tooth!!
 While we were on our trip, she lost another tooth!
 We have lots of fun when we go to KY.  We get to enjoy our time with grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins.
Isaiah took up the job of being Grammy's personal fanner
 My parents' neighbors have become good friends over the years.  We are always excited when they are home during our KY trips.  There was lots of playing in their pool, jumping on their trampoline, some wii, bike riding, s'mores, and even some fireworks on several nights!
Synchronized Swimming

 This girl is such a little fish.  She LOVES swimming
 Chillin' at the pool
 Abby even conducted swimming lessons with Isaiah and Laila
 We got to spend a couple of days with Briley, my niece.
I miss those baby days so much!!
 She was cracking us up with her phone and purse.  
We also discovered that she is into shoes.  
 Sam was given a Pinewood Derby car.
He and Rick used Papa's tools to make it.
 This boy is in his element
 Adding the wheels
Of course, it is orange, and of course, I don't have a picture of the final product, but you get the idea!
 I had the opportunity to reconnect with 3 friends from my high school years.  It was so fun to see what is happening in each other's lives and to realize how our friendships transcend time and location.  I would love to see these ladies more.  Thank you, Kim, Michelle, Traci, and Linda for making the time and effort to see me.
Linda and Me
 We also got to do a lot of celebrating while we were there.  There were a total of 5 Birthdays in the family during our trip.  
We celebrated Seth's first bday with him
 Willow turned 5 and Seth turned 1
 What a cutie pie!

 Rick, his brother, Rob, his sister, Kimberly, and his mom
(Rob, it looks like you didn't get the memo about the blue color scheme!)
 A family recipe that has Rick's mom has made for years is called Carne Frita.  He requests it every time he comes home.  Here is the first step, the meat has been sliced and breaded.
 Rick offered to help since it is a pretty labor intensive process.
 Frying up the meat
 Plus, it gave he and his mom some time to hang out
 The final product.  They like to dip it in Ketchup, but I prefer it dipped in mayo.
 Rick sent me this pic while they were cooking.
Of course it would be shaped like Africa!!

There were also many relaxing mornings on my parents' porch sipping coffee, cousin sleepovers out the wazoo, cookouts, lemonade and sweet tea o' plenty, some group efforts to make it past certain levels on Grammy's candy crush saga game, shopping with Grammy, donuts, and evening chats on the porch.  

We only had one trip to the doctor while we were there!!  That might be a record.  Abby developed a sinus infection.  Since we have returned home, it has now taken down Isaiah, Sam, Rick, and me.  Laila started sneezing this morning so we will see how she does.  Lauren and Cody are the only ones still standing.  

More KY fun to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment