Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Kentucky Fried Wedding

The event that triggered our visit to KY this year was our nephew's wedding.  Rick was asked to perform the wedding so we decided to make it into a family road trip.    The wedding was on Sat. It was outside at the bride's home with perfect KY weather.  
Our family all dressed up and ready to go
 Papa and Grammy(my parents) with the grandkids
 Rick and Tyler (Rick's brother's son)
 Cousins
 My little pretty, pretty
 Rick's mom has 16 grandchildren.  
15 of them are 15 years old and under
 Do you know how hard it is to get a good picture of 16 children at once???

The men, awaiting the bride
 Ashley's Daddy rode her in on his motorcycle.  It was really quite cool!
 The wedding party
 The couple
 This is my favorite pic from the wedding.  Those are Ashley's parents watching as Tyler and Ashley walk back down the aisle as husband and wife!
 Rick, his sister, his mom, and his brother
 Rick signing the marriage license, making it official.
 I just need to stop here and add my personal commentary.  There is just something about going to a wedding that makes me remember my wedding day and reflect on my marriage.  Adding in the element of watching Rick perform the ceremony, made it very special to me.  I love watching him do weddings and funerals.  It is in those milestone moments of life where he really shines in his calling as a Pastor.  He is really good at them and makes it so special and personal.  The best part of it all is that I know that everything he is saying is for real.  He lives it every day in our marriage.  Anybody can perform a wedding, but not everybody embodies the Scriptures they are reading and the words they are sharing for the new couple.  I am so blessed to have him as my husband.  Truly, God has given me such a gift in him.  He is the kind of husband that really seeks to love me as I need to be loved.  He has taught me so much about grace and forgiveness.  I am so thankful for that.  Watching him do this wedding was a huge reminder of what I have and how grateful I am for him and the marriage that we have.  We will be celebrating 19 years of marriage in September.
I pray for that same kind of marriage Tyler and Ashley!
Congratulations to both of you, and welcome to the family, Ashley!!

No comments:

Post a Comment