Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thankful for the Little Things

This is the time of year that we all talk about what we are thankful for.  My list, today, looks different than many that I have been reading, but it is where I am today.  Let me preface this by saying that I have had some ugly moments today in relation to the condition of our house and some of the tasks I do day in and day out.  This is my attempt to bring my focus back to thankfulness rather than focusing on the things that frustrate me!!

1.  I am thankful that I wore my pajamas all day today.

2.  I am thankful that both the kids and Rick have the week off from school and work.

3.  I am thankful that we will have some time together away as a family for a few days.

4.  I am thankful that my wardrobe for those days will include pajamas, Pink pants, and sweatshirts.

5.  I am thankful that my shopping for our Thanksgiving dinner is complete!

6.  I am thankful for the fun package we got in the mail from my mom.  Thanks, Grammy, for the cute ornament and special Christmas book that you sent with your voice reading to the kids.  Now, if we could just see you some time soon!!

7.  I am thankful for Pioneer Woman's Smashed Potatoes recipe.  A yummy addition to our very weird dinner of hot dogs wrapped in cresent rolls, broccoli and cauliflower cooked in the oven, and fruit.  (I was trying to use up foods that were about to go bad.  The kids actually really liked it.)

8.  I am thankful that I got to sleep in the last two days.

9.  I am thankful for "Duck Dynasty."  It makes me laugh EVERY TIME!

10.  Last, but not least, I am thankful for the time to sit and read a book to Isaiah and Laila.  I really need to do that more often.

I feel much better now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment