Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Catching up (sort of)

So, I had these big plans to catch my blog up today from our Thanksgiving Break.

Then, I went to upload the pics and got a message saying that I have used all the free space that is available.  If I want to upload more pics, I have to pay a monthly fee.

BIG, FAT UUGGHH!!

So, before I do anymore posts with pics, I have to sit down with Rick and figure this out (because I do not do computer stuff by myself).

Until then, I will share a few tidbits of info with you:

~I CANNOT keep this house clean.  It drives me crazy and puts me in a bad place.  I know logically all the things I should be thinking("someday I will miss the mess," "it is better to have the mess than not have my children,"  "mom's with sick children wish their children were healthy enough to make messes," etc.)  I get it, but I also don't get it.  I have lowered my standards more every year.  I will confess right here and now, we do not make our beds on a regular basis.  It is one those things that seems absolutely pointless to me and a battle I don't want to fight, especially since I don't want to make my bed anyway.  I do not expect my children's rooms to be clean every day.  One day a week, I ask that they clean it.  I just want to live in a house that feels relaxing like a home to me, and when it is cluttered and crumby(I literally mean crumbs everywhere, not "crummy"), then I cannot relax.  I just don't know which battles to fight and which ones to let go.  I can feel it rising in me when I am reaching my limit, and let me tell you, IT. IS. NOT. PRETTY!  I pretty much reached that limit last week.  It amazes me that everyone else in this house can totally overlook the messes.  I don't even think they see them.  How is that possible?

~Laila knows how to blow a bubble with gum.  She has been doing it for a while now, and for some reason, it is absolutely adorable to me.

~This week is kicking my butt and it is only Tuesday.  I have such a hard time functioning when I have to get up early in the mornings.  Why can't I live in a culture that values night owls???

~I filled 2 pages of a legal pad with all the "things"  I need to accomplish in the month of December.  Those things are on top of the millions of things I already do.  Let's just say, "I am a bit overwhelmed."

~I think I should start a Christmas ornament business.  Each of our kids gets an ornament each Christmas to represent something in their lives from that year.  I think I have some pretty creative ideas for ornaments and have the hardest time finding ones that I want.  Not to mention,  how painful it is to pay over $10 for an ornament.

~Laila has been approved for speech therapy services through the public school.  I am so excited to get her help in this area.  Don't get me wrong, the way she talks is absolutely adorable to me, but I know that it will not be so adorable when she is 10 years old and only about 30% of what she says can be understood by the general population.

~Even though I hate the process of decorating, I do have to admit, that I am liking my house all "decked out" for Christmas, especially in the afternoons when I am here alone and it is quiet and peaceful.  (Okay, Rick I admitted it!)

~I cannot stand for my microwave to be dirty.  Really, if I open it, and find it dirty, I have to immediately drop everything and clean it.  This happens almost daily.  I guess I have to be in control in one area of my life!

~Laundry is my absolute favorite household chore.  I love clean, fresh clothes.  I love hearing my washing machine run.  I love the sense of accomplishment I get when I have defeated an ugly stain!

~After reading back over this post, I really should get a life.  Welcome to My World!!

2 comments:

  1. I read this a couple of weeks ago...and now I am out of space for photos on my blog! How did you fix it? I don't want to pay!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, Unfortunately, I had to pay. It is $2.49 per month. A real bummer, but worth it to keep our memories recorded.
      Laura

      Delete