Saturday, August 4, 2012

Life Group

We have a group of people that we have been journeying together with for the last 18 months.  We have gotten together at least twice a month during this time.  We have laughed A LOT.  We have cried.  We have worshipped together.  We have prayed for each other.  The guys have done a special Valentine's Dinner for the ladies.  We have painted and helped one of the couples move into their first house.  We have welcomed a new baby.  We have grilled together.  The group truly has been LIFE to me during a very difficult season of transition in my life.  2 of the couples were able to attend our new church with us on our first day.  I cannot even express how comforting it was to have some familiar faces on that very "new to us" day as we embarked on our new ministry journey.

We mostly get together as adults, but periodically we bring all the families together.  Last Sunday night, we did just that at our house.  There were 9 adults(Garrett, you were missed) and 14 children.  
I love seeing the older children and younger children hanging out together
 I love this picture
 Sydney and Hartley
 Love these ladies
 Some of the younger ladies
 The big boys and the baby
 There was no agenda for the night, just hanging out.
 As I was getting some hamburger meat out for the burgers, it looked like this:
 As I was eating dinner, I looked down at my hamburger and saw this:
I have witnesses that can testify that I did not do this on purpose!

We had a great time and look forward to many more laughs, tears, and celebrations together.

No comments:

Post a Comment