Sunday, March 24, 2013

Turn, turn, turn

The days just keep passing by.  I cannot believe it is the end of March.  I have the words of the song, "To everything turn, turn, turn, there is a season, turn, turn, turn and a time to every purpose under Heaven" going through my head right now because it just feels like this year is going so quickly.  As I look at my pictures, our days continue to be full.  

For those of you who were following the World Water Day Raffle that Mandy did on her blog.  I just wanted to share the results with you.  At last count, she has raised $5,596.00!!  That is more than enough for a complete water system.  I am so excited for her and so excited to be able to be a part of reaching that goal!!
Sam had Native American Day at school
(He was happy with his costume.  I was relieved for it to be so simple)
 This is the damage done to my truck by the "hit and run" incident.
 It is amazing to me that this is $1,000 worth of damage.  I am so thankful that it is all being covered by the other person's insurance and that a witness was there to take down the info for us.  The kids just loved having a police officer come to our house.  I thought about asking him if I could take his picture for my blog, but wasn't sure how he would feel about that!
Isaiah wanted to be bald.  He loves it!!
 Grammy and Papa sent Starbucks cards for Valentine's Day
 I drove them in their jammies to cash those in.  
Isaiah got hot chocolate and Laila got a caramel apple spice drink.  
 Isaiah had his 100th day of school.
 He needed a shirt with 100 items on it.  We chose googly eyes
This is his "I got my eyes on you" look
 Making a necklace with 100 beads

He gave the necklace to me because "it has every color and will match everything I wear!" 
So, if you see me wearing it ALL THE TIME, you will know why (Sorry about the demon eyes)
 His "100" snack
 They walked 100 feet.  This was the shoe he decorated.
 All decked out in full 100's day attire
 I just had to capture how Isaiah sleeps every night.  
 Along with all the kids getting hair cuts this week, It was time for new braids for Laila.  I took out her braids a week ago and gave her hair a week for moisturizing and "resting".  Yesterday, we went to Ms. Marjorie's house to braid it again. While I was taking out Laila's braids, I discovered 2 different ones that she had cut off.  Lovely.  Ms. Marjorie saved the day and was able to braid those spots in so that they are not even noticeable.
Can you believe how long her hair is???
 So this braiding experience was not nearly as traumatic for all of us as they have been in the past.  I have been trying a new product on her hair, and I am very happy to say that it has worked remarkably well.  Marjorie could tell a huge difference in the health and dryness of her hair.  Also, because it was so much more moisturized, the braiding was a lot less painful for Laila.  She only cried a short bit at the beginning when Marjorie was combing it out. That is HUGE progress and made the day so much less stressful for all 3 of us!!
Our pretty girl!
You have to check out this website.  I not only love the products that I have tried, but love that they are all natural and very high quality.  I am so on board with supporting these products and the family that makes them.  Their story is truly inspiring.  Go check it out.  Really, that Hair and Body Butter is worth EVERY PENNY.  I am also in LOVE with the Lip Butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment