Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hawaii Hangover

I got home from Hawaii late Friday night.  I haven't been sleeping more than a few hours a night since I returned. My body is all out of whack.  I didn't even unpack my suitcase until yesterday.  I think I was in denial. 

The kids went back to school today.  Rick left town today.  I feel like I got hit by a truck.  I woke up at 3:00 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep.  I have never had a hangover, but it has to feel something like this.  There is so much to share, so much about my trip.  I must say, I miss this view every morning from the lanai as I sipped my coffee from my Starbucks Hawaii mug:
 I also miss this view that I would see all day long as I sat in the sun reading, chatting, napping, drinking sweet tea from my Starbucks Hawaii cup, and snacking.
It truly was a fabulous trip.  Nicole(who was there with me) summed it up this way:


Renewal for 4 kindred spirits,
23 children between us,
9 children born in Africa,
4 strong and supportive husbands,
1 major snowstorm Nemo, (she escaped Connecticut just before the storm hit)
7 days in Hawaii,
1 amazing vacation

and I would add,
4 kids at home with strep throat
5 women stepping it up to help me out while I was gone
1 woman(me) blessed beyond measure.

I will share more.  For now, this will have to do.


We are observing Lent for the first time as a family this year.  I will share more about what that looks like for us in the days to come.  A friend posted this on facebook.  I thought it was a good summary of what Lent is for those that do not know.

Lent is not a strictly Catholic practice. It's an opportunity for all Christians to fast and prepare our hearts during the 40 days before Easter. What a great chance we have to center our thoughts on Jesus and his sacrifice he made on the cross! I have been observing Lent for a few years, taking time to abstain from something that isn't necessarily harmful, but can take away from my time with Christ. I also enjoy reading specific books and texts that remind me of the impact of the crucifixion and resurrection. And yes, it starts today. Will you join me as we fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith? (Heb 12:2).  ~David Hausknecht




No comments:

Post a Comment