Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Love/Hate Relationship

Today I realized that I obviously haven't cooked enough since we brought Isaiah and Laila home. While I was cooking our dinner, Isaiah kept asking, "Mommy, what are you doing?" He actually seemed baffled by my activities in the kitchen.

I have this love/hate relationship with cooking. In a perfect world, I love to cook. I love to watch cooking shows, try new recipes, and bless people with my cooking. I haven't really cooked regularly since we returned from Africa. It has just been too hard. We had meals brought to us for almost a month which was such a blessing. After that, it was vacation time. My days are so packed with maintaining this household and keeping 6 little people alive, I just don't feel like cooking when the time comes. I realized recently that I am missing one of my passions, cooking. The fact that Cody has Celiac disease has also complicated things. I have converted many of my recipes to gluten free, but trying new ones throws a wrench into things. So, anyway, my African child has now seen me cook a whole meal and hopefully in the near future will understand what Mommy is doing in the kitchen. And, hopefully, I will figure out how to balance my joy of cooking with my hate of cooking. :)

1 comment: