Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The 3 B's of the last month




Some big events have occurred in our house over the last month.



1. Laila's First Bday

Yes, you read it right. Our baby girl is now 1 year old. Boy, did that first year fly by. It makes me a little sad because I realize there is so much that I have missed out on. I wasn't there the day she was born. I missed 9 months of her little life. On the other hand, I feel blessed to have gotten her as young as we did. It is very different for her brother. We missed over 2 years of his life. We have no idea what he was like as a baby. The thing I love the most is that Laila responds to me as her mother as if we have always been together. That blesses my heart. When I enter the room she lights up. When I have been away from her for a period of time, she can't wait to see me and wants to show me all of her little tricks right away. She is a very loving, smart little girl. She has amazed us already with her language skills. She will try to say almost everything we ask her to and uses her sign language like a pro. Of course, my favorite is "my mama." She also has quite a few little talents, pat-a-cake, peek-a-boo, itsy bitsy spider, and sweet baby(head tilted with a smile).
Her bday was a special day. That morning we went to the toddler room at Whit's End. That evening we had a party with friends. Below you can see some pictures from Whit's End.

Exploring the play area

Happy 1 yr. old

2. Baby Dedication

At the end of June, we celebrated the addition of Isaiah and Laila and dedicated them to God. 100 people were there to celebrate with us. It was so amazing to think back to 1 year ago and realize at that point we had no idea that in 1 year we would have these two gifts in our family. It was a day to praise God for all of the miracles He has done and to commit to Him our desire to raise these children in a way that is pleasing to Him. I shared the letters that I wrote to each of them the day I saw their pictures for the first time. Rick shared the many prayers that God has answered through this process. Sam shared how he felt "like a new man" as a big brother. We were surrounded by a room full of people and with much chaos going on in the center of that circle, we were prayed over. It was a huge blessing. Isaiah was his usual extroverted little self. He welcomed everyone with the microphone and basically talked through the whole service. The time ended with a video of many of the photos that we have taken so far in this journey. I will never forget that day. I will have to post pictures on this one later.





3. Broken Leg

On the last night of our KY trip to visit family, Isaiah broke his leg on the trampoline!! He completely broke his tibia right below his knee. He just broke it jumping. So, now he is sporting a "Cowboy blue" full leg cast. This is not a memory we want him to have. He was in quite a bit of pain for the first week. Now he is just frustrated that he can't do all that he wants to. As you can see below, he was a sad little guy.



Getting the cast on

This is going to make summer interesting!

1 comment:

  1. so bummed that we missed the party and the dedication.

    LOVE it when she tilts her head to "sweet baby"

    ReplyDelete