Sunday, February 23, 2014

Still Behind

February has been a big month in our house.  It has been a ton of work, but some big projects have been completed and some surprise events have come up.  More on those later.  For now, let me show you some of what the kids have been up to .
Laila gave me a little photo shoot before church one morning



 Lauren and Abby helping Isaiah make his Valentines
 His class party
 He loves it when Laila comes.  He always shares so well with her.
 He even gave her the lollipop he won from playing Bingo
 We also celebrated Isaiah's Spiritual Birthday
He chose a meal of spaghetti
 For a gift, he got some index tabs for his Bible
 Ice cream Sundaes for dessert!
Laila lost a tooth.
 She literally lost it!
 Our jam supplies were getting dangerously low.  I was grateful when strawberries went on sale so I could restock our supply.  Running out would have been a true crisis!
 Laila got new braids.  This is the part of the process of me prepping for braids the next day.
 It is a painful and emotional process for both of us!!
Lauren made these adorable minion cupcakes at a friend's bday party.
 Laila is a reader!!  She read her first book from school!
 Isaiah had a concert at school!


 He even had a special part playing the frog!
 I tried to upload a video of one of the songs, but it failed.  Let's just say, I could hear him above the crowd.  Shocking, I know!
 Laila had a special day at her school this week.  She was "Student of the Month" for Kindergarten.
This really was special.  They played "Jock Jams" and had the students getting the awards run through a line of pom pom shaking, cheering kids.  I think everybody needs a moment like that in their lives where everyone is cheering for them.  
 The School Mascot was even there!
 It was a special morning for a special girl
Watching her run through that crowd brought tears to my eyes.  I just couldn't stop thinking of how far she has come from that grumpy little orphan that we met 5 years ago.  She has truly blossomed and our family has been forever changed by her beautiful spirit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment