Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Power of Words

We finished up our Christmas break and everyone headed back to school the first full week of January.  
We got Phase 10 for Christmas.  Lauren, Abby, Sam and I are in still in the middle of a game that we haven't finished.  I am winning, of course.
 Abby has been making bracelets like a machine
 Sunset with Snow
 There is something we are working on that I am really excited about, 
new carpet, tile work, and painting.  I can't wait to see the finished product.  I have been waiting for this for over 10 years!!
 Isaiah and Laila are learning about the power of words, especially the written word.  Isaiah had this note for me when I picked him up from his class at church on Sunday.
 Then, we came home from church and Lauren found this on her pillow.
 Evidently, Lauren upset Laila and this was her way of expressing that frustration.  When I asked her about it, she said, "I thought I would write' Lauren is beautiful,' but it got all mixed up in my mind."
We then, had a discussion about telling the truth and working through our problems with each other.
Lauren found a new note on her pillow that night.  
 I had this little beauty as a "dessert" with breakfast this week.  
That was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment