Friday, September 5, 2014

Sittin' on the Porch, Fishin', Drinkin' Sweet Tea, Swimmin', Catchin' Lightning Bugs, and Spendin' Time with Family

Every time we go to KY, I feel like I could write a country song about our time.  It is just good to be back "home" and in the south for a while.  I grew up there and miss it.  Colorado is just not the south, and I notice that is some way almost every day.  It is just like the song says, "Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name."  When we are visiting KY, every time I go out, I see someone from my past, someone who knew me when I was little, someone I went to school with, and lots of people that have continued to follow our family's story over the years.  I like that.  
Of course, most of our time is spent with family.  We get lots of time with cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents, and we try to also connect with a few friends.  The drama of Sam's surgery made this trip much more about family and much less about time with friends.  
The cousins did some swimming at the YMCA a few times
On Rick's side of the family, there are 16 cousins!!
Grandma is a HUGE fan of getting them all together and enjoying the chaos


Since we were there over the 4th of July, there were some fireworks
Picnics at the park
 At 2 years old, Seth is the baby of the family!
Ralphie's Fun Center
Laila and Willow are just a few days apart in age
We even got to have a visit with Aunt Nancy, Uncle Larry, John and Kiara who came down from Ohio
This is what a sleepover at Grandma's house looks like!(I have no idea how many kids are there!)
The time would not be complete without some of Grandma's Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
We also get to enjoy lots of time with Papa and Grammy's neighbors, the Barbours
 They loved driving around the neighborhood in the golf cart
They have become family over the years
There is lots of swimming going on




Roasting marshmallows in the road


Somehow, this donut ended up int he fire.  Yum! Yum!
Sam and I spent the night in the hospital on the 4th of July, but the others enjoyed fireworks!
Rick took the 3 younger kids fishing a few times



 We took family pics with my side of the family
Surprisingly, this was the easiest photo shoot ever!  
 In and out in under 30 minutes!
 Rick and the 3 younger kids attended the Corvette Homecoming!


 Sam's favorite color, ORANGE!




 I'll take this one!

 My crazy husband!
 Relaxing with Grammy before bed!
Some of our favorite times are on Papa and Grammy's Porch
My brother, Brian, his wife, Ashley and their daughter, Briley
 Laila loving her own big bed!
 Catching lots of lightning bugs, something we can't do in Colorado!
 Playing war

 Sword fighting
 My view each morning as I drank my coffee...
 and read my Bible
After 3 weeks in KY, an emergency surgery, and a trip to Africa, we headed to Dallas, TX!
All ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment