Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That

Easter ended and our lives continued on.  
Laila had Colonial Day at school.  
She was not thrilled about this costume, but she said she had a fun time.

My mom had shoulder surgery the week prior to Easter, so I headed to KY to visit my parents and help her out a little bit.
I got stuck in Chicago for 7 hours that day because of plane delays.  
I had to eat, so I chose this:

 Chicago Mix Popcorn

 After a 16 hour day of travel, it was all better with some sweet tea!

While in KY, I got to have lunch with "the moms"

 Rick's mom

 My mom

 I was excited to see that this was back in the grocery stores, even though I didn't have any. 
 Maybe CO will get some again!

I helped my mom clean out some closets and dressers.  
We had a good load of stuff to donate

 I haven't been to KY in the spring in 5 years.  I had forgotten how pretty it is.

My Parents' house

 So green.  The view from their back porch

 The view from the front of their house
 My parents

Abby had a piece of artwork that was submitted by her art teacher to a regional art show

She won first place in her genre

Her work will be on tour throughout the state at various art shows

So proud of her and so amazed by her talent!

I made Elderberry Syrup for the first time.  It is supposed to fight sickness and shorten the duration.  I have used it a few times already and love the results.
These are the berries after cooking

The finished product.  I love that I can add some of my essential oils for added immunity support!

I will close with some of our scenery.
We don't have spring flowers to show in CO, but we have some spectacular sunsets



No comments:

Post a Comment