Thursday, August 7, 2014

Lauren's 14th Bday

While we were in KY, Lauren turned 14 years old!  We moved to CO when she was one month old, so we also track our time living in CO by her age.  I can't believe it has been 14 years for either one!  While we were in KY, we watched some old home videos of when the kids were little.  I loved seeing Lauren in those and remembering what a little cutie she was.  Don't get me wrong, she still is, but in a more grown up way.  She had the cutest little chubby cheeks and chipmunk voice.  It was adorable and made me a little sad that those precious days are over.  When I look at her now, I cannot believe the beautiful young lady she has become.  She is only about an inch and a half shorter than me.  She is regularly checking her height and anticipating the day she passes me up.  I will hold on to that inch and a half as long as I can!  
We woke up that morning and had French Toast for breakfast  
Daddy's girl
We had a pretty low-key morning.  The kids spent time hanging out with the neighbors.  Then we had her open her gifts and had a Chocolate Extreme Blizzard Cake from Dairy Queen
Then, we headed to an amusement/water park called Beech Bend.  I don't have a ton of pics because we spent our time swimming and riding rides.  I didn't want to cart around a camera while trying to do all of those things.  We did get a couple of Lauren on the rides.
Lauren is on the right and her friend, Hannah is beside her
 Cody and Abby are in front and Hannah, Lauren and Alexis are behind them.  Sam is by himself a couple of rows back.
I love their faces!
 Lauren and Hannah
 Here is a shot of the whole crew after several hours of fun!
 We ended the night with some Chick-fil-a for dinner
Lauren, you are still the sweet, tenderhearted girl you were as a child, but you are not so little anymore. I love seeing you grow into a young woman.  I am so proud of you and the person you choose to be.  You did amazing in school this past year with the many challenges of a crazy schedule, lots of classes and many assignments to complete!  I love your passion for soccer and how playing makes you come alive.  I also smile at your love for coffee and Starbucks.  You are a generous person who is always sharing or buying something for your brothers and sisters.  Always be who you are called to be no matter what others around you are doing.  You have so much life ahead of you.  Commit it all to God and He will guide you.  I love you so much!
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment